Thursday, January 6, 2011

Responses to my blog friends

What a great thing this blogging is to be able to talk to other people while still in my jammies, sipping coffee. Sharon, I'm glad you can see what I see in my mind. When you think about it, language is a miracle. Here's one body and there's another, and they can communicate everything from, "More coffee." to "I regret I have but one life to give for my country." with a string of utterances. Wow! 

Leslie, if you want to know where to get my book, House of the Earth, I havn't sold it yet. Know any publishers? If you're talking about Earl Morris & Southwestern Archaeology (I used the modern spelling in yesterday's blog-oops.) by Florence C. & Robert H. Lister, you'll have to search Amazon or a used bookstore like Bookman's, as it was published in 1968. I'm excited about your interest.

Thank you everyone for following my blog. I'm so jazzed.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome and if your book is written in a similar style, I would love to read it when it becomes available! Sadly, the only publishers I know only put out technical reports (I'm an archaeologist...btw, the powers-that-be decided to put the extra 'a' back into the official spelling!). I can't wait to hear more of what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an archaeologist? (Thanks for the spelling tip, btw.) Totally cool! I hear only a small percentage of anthro majors get jobs in the field. Is that what you've found? Do you work in the Phoenix area?

    Anyway, it's a kick to chat with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that there aren't many jobs out there if you are looking for something steady and reliable. I got really lucky with my job. The company that I work for is based in Tucson but has a small office in Tempe that consists of me and 3 other full-time people.

    ReplyDelete