Monday, January 3, 2011

To the Extreme


At Borders the other day, I was shocked when people sitting in the bookstore café rose as one and raced to the windows. Then I saw it, too. Snow! Snow in Phoenix! It lasted all of five minutes. Snow to 115 degree summers in the desert is extreme, but then, I’m very fond of extremes
I did extreme family first, with two husbands (former) and six kids, whose own kids have so many grand/step-grandparents, they write on their hands Christmas Day to remember where we all hang on the family tree. Then I did extreme education, earning enough degrees to stuff a piñata. Even in my career, I taught a ton of students, elementary to university. I run into people all the time who remember me as their teacher, which is why I make it a point to avoid adult bookstores and biker bars. Well, except for that one biker bar. As I explained to my former student, I was there with Druid (my Irish boy friend) to hear the blues band, Crimson Chord. They rock.
… and now I’ve written a book, historical novel actually, with a dash of murder and a handful of archeology. It’s my extreme pleasure to invite you to check out my blog often and track the path of what happens after completing a novel (Me now.), to enticing an agent (Pick me. Pick me.), to getting published. (Dreams do come true, right?) I’ll also blog travelogues of Southwest archeological sites and other places my characters hang out. The first will be Aztec Ruins in NW New Mexico. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog! Look forward to the updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a card! Your persona is coming through. Who wouldn't want to grab up your book the day it is released? It's great to have an extremely good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I also like the earlier post about red satin sheets (alas, I have none) and look forward to your future gems.

    ReplyDelete